Saturday, May 10, 2008

For the Record with Joe Liarman

I just want to report that this morning I personally checked John McCain’s bearings. He has not lost any of them. They are all in really great shape."--Senator Joe Lieberman in response to a comment by Senator Barack Obama.

What Obama actually said in context:

This is offensive [John McCain's claim that Hamas endorses Obama], and I think it’s disappointing, because John McCain always says, ‘Well, I’m not going to run that kind of politics. And then to engage in that kind of smear, I think, is unfortunate, particularly since my policy toward Hamas has been no different than his. For him to toss out comments like that, I think, is an example of him losing his bearings as he pursues this nomination. We don’t need name-calling in this debate.

Wackydoodle sez: I wouldn't let Joe work on my car.